Sunday, January 29, 2012
Blue/Green Swirled Nails!
So one thing about me— I love nail art. I'm not sure if it's because of that whole thing about how economic recession increases nail polish sales or because I think my nails are tiny canvases but I really enjoy the colors and the images that can be translated and worn. While my collection isn't very large or flashy, there always seems to be some new and exciting design to try.
My most recent nail design is this one. It is a swirl of the four colors shown (the tiny picture in the bottom right corner only shows three colors because my fourth color— the one on the left— was running out by the time I got to that finger).
How I did it:
1. I painted my nails gray
2. I put large blobs of each color on my nail
3. I swirled the colors together!
Tips for this step:
-When doing this, it is important to push the polish along the edges of the nail to get a complete look
- Use a pencil or toothpick to do the swirling
- If the swirling leaves areas without polish, tap the swirling device over the area to cover it up
4. I finished it off with a top coat