Friday, March 30, 2012

Prada Flames

Hopefully, you have heard about the crazy new shoes that Prada has come out with. These shoes, in a variety of colors, styles, and functions, are adorned with cartoonish flames. And they're awesome. While I would never want to own a pair or be able to buy a pair, I can enjoy the shoe in a different way. And what do I do when I want to experience colors and patters? Nails!

 Inspired by this pair of the shoes, I did a very springy color combination. Both the blue and the pink are from the Gap which is a great place to buy nail polish because they are $6 but the store is always having sales that apply to every item.

How to complete the look:
1. Paint nails a solid color
2. Using a thin paint brush, outline where the flames will go in white and fill those in with the white. Remember to make this part a little thicker than the desired thickness of the flames.

3. Using a thin brush or a toothpick if necessary, add in the pink but remember to leave a white outline to make it pop. 
4. Apply a top coat. 

The only problem with this design is that it's really difficult to make it look steady and smooth because of the curves and the precision that is needed. I would also especially recommend giving yourself a lot of time to get it done because you won't want to rush the flames!


Quick note: the April wishlist will be a bit late because I'm going on a bunch of college visits and I won't have much time to complete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment