Friday, April 13, 2012

Roses are blue, violets are red?

IT'S NAIL TIME!! Here are the nails, they never fail! They make me wanna wag my tail! When it's Friday, I want to wail "nAiL"!! (Blue's Clues is for winners)

I don't know how many times I've seen this type of design on nail related blogs and Tumblrs but it's probably about 6. Not an insane amount but enough to seriously get me interested. Upon further analyzation, I saw that contrary to previous judgements, the look was easy to accomplish. Other than a quick scare when my black nail art pen began to run out of juice, nothing went wrong. No runaway globs of polish, no opacity issues, and no misjudgments of rose size! I've gotten a lot of complements on this design (which always helps) and I think it's become one of my favorites. Will I do it again? How should I know? I usually like to mix things up but if I'm ever out of inspiration, there is a good chance that I will turn to these roses. Maybe in different colors but still, these roses. (Oh, I guess I do know if I'll do it again— but not really)

How to: paint nails a color, let it dry, add circle(y) things, add green triangles, outline the green and create "disconnected spirals" with the black.

And just as a side note— I know that by saying this everyone will see it but is anyone else bothered by my askew pointer finger? I couldn't get it to straighten when my thumb was down and now I'm concerned.

I'm pretty eager to switch it up again because I did this on Tuesday but I can't bring myself to take it off! This picture was taken earlier today so as you (no one because no one will read this) can see, my nails haven't chipped. I think the universe is looking out for me now that my birthday is ONLY FIVE DAYS AWAY(!!!).

Which reminds me, I seriously have to post some sort of birthday/wishlist. The only problem is that I have no way of creating a collage of the pictures. Bleh. Life is hard. But nails make things better. (Exhibit A ^)

No comments:

Post a Comment